You don’t need a crystal ball to see if you’re likely headed for heart disease or diabetes…just a mirror (and a tape measure). Recent studies show a direct correlation between people with large waist sizes and their chances of developing diabetes and heart disease. Deep belly fat isn’t just stored energy; it directly affects your metabolism and creates additional stress on your internal organs. This fat, which is called intra-abdominal fat, is directly linked to high cholesterol, high insulin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure, and a host of other problems.
4 Simple Tips for Staying Healthy and Strong, Even on the Road
Understanding this critical health issue is important; even more important is how to address it; HEAD-ON. Do not take it lightly because that is the direction you need to take; lighten your load. The first is to get a check-up from the neck up and realize you need to take action. Get a health check and understand your numbers and start making simple everyday changes by and healthier food choices along with movement just by walking 10 more steps than you did the day before. Keep that tape measure handy and you will sound see the difference. But before you see it you will feel it; YES you feel the positive impact within the first 2-3 days.
Here are 5 easy tips to follow
- Goal Planning, Sit down and write out what exactly it is you want to achieve. The goal could range from weight loss to building strength and endurance or even relieving depression.
- Be honest with yourself and make your goals realistic. Everyone is made up differently. Never compare yourself to someone else; it’s genetically impossible!
- Now that you have your goal, write down the steps you are going to take to get there. It’s impossible to reach that higher level without taking one step at a time.
- Water, you need to flush out your system.
- Protein, first thing in the AM.